Festival 1.95:

Michael Whapples Mikster4 at msn.com
Thu Mar 24 07:35:01 EST 2005

Hello,
I don't know if Fedora has pre-built packages for festival 1.95, but the
following is what I had to do with it from source in slackware.
Download festival and the desired voices. Build it and install it as told in
the INSTALL file. Install mbrola and put the voices I wanted in the
appropiate directory in the festival voice directory. Set the default voice
in the siteinit.scm file. The voice names for mbrola that you would put in
the file are voice_us1_mbrola, voice_us2_mbrola, voice_us2_mbrola and so on.
If there are rpm packages for fedora, make sure you have the mbrola voices
installed if you want them, they are not always included by default (gentoo
did not have them in the standard package).

From
Michael Whapples
"An optimist is someone who has never had much experience"