how to chek for the number of options in an app

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 24 02:08:30 EST 2005

Hi Ned,

About the ls -l | wc -l thing: yeh totally man: I just forgot to mention
grep in the first email ...

And about the '-' thing: well, that's true; however, don't the '-' and '--'
appear on the same line anyways? If they do, then why does it matter?

Oh, and to answer your question:

The regular expression: '-+' would check for 1 or more occurances of '-'
consecutively

Take care,
Sina