burning discs and cdrecord

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 23 18:49:14 EST 2005

Folks,

I may have missed something or haven't burned discs in a while. I got an
error from cdrecord basically it acted as though it completed the burn,
but in such record time I knew it didn't work. Matter of fact when I ran
cdrecord -version I get a message like this.

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of
cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original
version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools at packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with problems of this
version.

cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.7
cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or
Solaris.

So I'm a little surprised that Debian would include a modified version
of this program. Does anyone know what the issues are with 2.6 kernels?
Do those folks running other distros and 2.6 kernels have these issues?

tia
Scott