Making flite more responsive and improving its pronounciation

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Mar 23 15:23:26 EST 2005

Can you explain these parms a bit? Curious minds want to know.  How
did you come by the particular numeric values you did?

One other observation I'm noticing with DECtalk; When
speech-dispatcher first says "Software synth found," the DEC is at
something like Double pitch or some such.  I have to set a lower pitch
to get the voice to sound right for the rest of the session.  I'm
running Slackware 10.1 with the default compiler gcc 3.3.4.  This
sounds like a problem reported back with earlier versions of Redhat if
I recall.  Any ideas about the high pitch deal?

Thanks.