Making flite more responsive and improving its pronounciation

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 22 17:46:48 EST 2005

Is that with flite/festival? As I am using DecTalk 5 on a
ThinkPad R50, 1.4Ghz and it is very responsive.
Is that with speech dispatcher?
If it is could you send me your configuration files or tell me what you
did to get it working?  Thanks! I got an error while installing it. Not
sure how to resolve it but it speaks with the say command and I still
can not get it speaking with speech dispatcher.  My final goal is to use
software speech with speakup and I want it to be the dectalk.  Thanks.