usb ports only on laptop

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Mar 22 15:16:41 EST 2005

Don't think it was me talking about pcmcia serial, though I, too, might
become a customer for such a thing.

I did post about my new-to-me Thinkpad X31 laptop, purchased on Ebay.
It, too, has no serial ports. Nor does it have a cd rom. I had been
hoping to install using a usb memory stick. This didn't work for me, but
I would definitely recommend trying this method first, as it's easier to
set up, and it's well supported in Fedora.

I ended up using pxe with some serious community help. So, if you need
to go that route, I'll put some documentation together.