debian streaming media complication maybe

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Mar 21 02:53:57 EST 2005

It seems like from broken dependencies I'm getting that mplayer-nogui
requires alsa not oss to be running.  libvorbis0 was not installed and
when I told apt-get to install that, it wanted to remove all of timidity
for me. I tried an alsa replace of oss earlier on kernel 2.4.27 debian and
never was able to figure out how to get that all done successfully.
Thanks for the urrl.  OOh, the w32-codecs package wasn't found anywhere.