windows versus lynix

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Mar 19 11:57:59 EST 2005

Hi.
On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 08:20:10AM -0800, jim grimsby wrote:
> Ok thanks will it work using sarge speech dispatcher and gnome?  Thanks!

I doubt it.  The last Debian release that has the correct versions of
glibc is Woody.  I think Woody still uses glibc 2.2 while Sarge uses
glibc 2.3.
The problem with Viavoice not running on newer versions of Linux
distros is because the Viavoice package is a binary linked against a
version of a common library that isn't on newer systems.

If you decide to switch to Debian Woody, be aware it comes with Gnome
1.4.  You will need to build Gnome from source or use packages that are
backports for Woody.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny