software synths

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Tue Mar 15 23:56:59 EST 2005

Hi:
I am not sure what you mean by "not partial of festival", but if what you mean is that you don't like its voice, then you
got a problem, because flite is not any better.  However, flite is faster/more-responsive than festival, so if your problem
is speed, flite will help.  You can get a flite rpm that works in FC3 from the altlinux distribution.  I don't remember the
web address, but if you search the speakup archives, you will find it.

The names of the files you need are:
	flite-1.2-alt3.i586.rpm
	flite-devel-1.2-alt3.i586.rpm

HTH!