Killed speech-dispatcher and can't get it running again

Michael Whapples Mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Mar 15 13:14:01 EST 2005

Hello,
I had speech-dispatcher running perfectly fine on my slackware installation.
That was until I connected my USB sound card. While the USB sound card was
connected, speech still came from the internal sound card. After
disconnecting the external sound card and rebooting, speech-dispatcher does
not want to run. It does not come up with any errors, but it does not load.
The internal sound card still works fine, I have tested running flite from
the command line, and also playing audio files. I am using speech-dispatcher
0.5 with flite as output. Any help on getting it running again would be
welcome, and if anyone knows how to stop it happening in the future, also
let me know.
From
Michael Whapples
"An optimist is someone who has never had much experience"