iptables and apache virtual hosts

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Mar 12 23:22:48 EST 2005

I am looking for some help with iptables and apache ...

I have had several domain names working as virtual hosts via apache on
my primary server. These have been working just fine.

Now, I've acquired a Linksys WRT GS and configured it in line between my
ISP and my main server. I am using nat to forward connections for
several ports, for example:

$IPT -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $WAN -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
192.168.1.1:80

This forwards all http requests to the default host at 192.168.77.1, and
sees none of the virtual, name-based hosts.

My apache httpd.conf is configured to listen on 192.168.1.1, so I don't
think that's the cause.

Any help greatly appreciated.

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040