speechd-up questions

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:22:05 EST 2005

Hi Sean.  You need to have speech-dispatcher up and running before
anything else can happen.  You need to have it configured to work with
flite by editing your /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf file, or
whatever your distro's equivalent is.

After you have speech-dispatcher installed and working correctly, echo
sftsyn to the /proc/speakup/synth_name proc entry.  Then run speechd_up.
 Flite should start talking.  Good luck.

Gene