devices

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Wed Mar 9 14:48:06 EST 2005

The best way to do it is to add your users to the correct system group that owns the devices.  I think that Debian has a
group called "audio" and one called "video".  However, I don't use Debian so I am just speculating.  I use FC and this is
not a problem for me, because the default user-configuration allows for audio access without beeing part of any group.  I
like the "audio" group thing, it is cool and reasonable.

Anyway, it helps if you specify in your message what distro you are using.  Something like: I use Debian.