Installing linux using speakup?

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 7 16:35:55 EST 2005

Yes you can use your external synth to install speakup.  No you can not
currently use it with gnome and gnopernicus.  Someone here on this list got
their external synth hosed by gnopernicus because the program was expecting a
braille display on the serial port.  The default speech for gnome is festival.