debian error when upgrading kernel-image-24.27-speakup

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 7 13:01:15 EST 2005

What is your boot loader?  Let it make an initrd image then don't install in the
primary boot block.  Before rebooting, make sure your links to /vmlinuz and/or
/vmlinuz.old still work.  I'm beginning to think they should use
the --append-to-version tag and add like a -2 or something to keep the kernel a
different version so you can have the option to use or test or not.  Of course
that deviates a little from how the upgrade process, but that's what the docs
will tell when you're compiling your own kernel.