debian error when upgrading kernel-image-24.27-speakup

Lutz Kaiser lutz.kaiser at gmx.net
Mon Mar 7 10:54:32 EST 2005

Hi,
i'm very sad, as usual i made apt-get update ; followed ap-get upgrade.
There was also a new version from the speakup kernelimage. Bu it coudln't be
installed.
there was the following error:
usr/sbin/mkinitr 1359 mkx2fs command not found, errornumber 9 ...

So now my System isn't speaking anymore, I tried it booting with another
Kernel, this works but no way to get speach, only braile, but i read so
slow...

Any hints? Many thanks in advance.
regards
Lutz,
p.s: please note i very new to linux 2 month <smile)