fc3 disc check fails

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Mar 4 21:02:59 EST 2005

Hi, John:

I've been away for almost a week, but need to respond with a quick
pointer ...

Don't download newer releases of the Speakup Modified iso files. That's
time consuming and wasteful.

Instead, use rsync. It's a very cool application that's smart enough to
download only what's different. Since only small portions of the images
change, you get updates much more efficiently. It's absolutely worth
learning. Here's a quick command to get you started. The dot at the end
of this command indicates the updated files will be placed in the
current directory, so cd to the directory which holds your Speakup
Modified iso images before issuing:

rsync -avtz --delete
bumpy.braille.uwo.ca::ftp/speakup/disks/fedora/current/* .