Try again a few years later

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Thu Mar 3 17:37:21 EST 2005

Hi,

Well here I am again, still with my Linux machine which I installed a
few years ago and connect to via SSH, but no working Speakup install!!
I want to get a speakup install working, also want to try out the GUI
applications if possible.  I know some aspects of the command line as I
use it to maintain the server I configured here, but hope I can learn a
lot more with Speakup.

Our local LUG seem to use the Mandrake distribution, which is very
graphically oriented.  I am either going to go with Debian or Fedora.
Any thoughts on which is easiest to install?

Thanks,
Andrew.