Need help getting debian installation media speaking

Michael Whapples Mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Mar 2 05:13:46 EST 2005

Hello,
I need some help getting Debian sarge installed. I believed that debian now
has speakup included in the main distro, but when I tried starting it with
the speakup_synth parameter, it never spoke. So I tried the boot floppies
from the speakup website, which worked, except my computer stopped
responding to the keyboard when I loaded the first disk, but everything else
was ready for the next disk. I tried doing things like disable usb support,
but no success. So I tried the CD image from the speakup website, but I
could not get speakup talking with that. Can anyone help with this? If not
then I will look at other distributions, but the others seem to have their
own problems, gentoo software speech doesn't seem to work well and slackware
requires most programs which will be used to be manually built from source.
I don't intend to use fedora, there seems to be too many problems when it is
updated because speakup is not in the standard distribution.
From
Mike
"An optimist is someone who has never had much experience"