Off topic: Info about Artic Transport needed

plogan at ispwest.com plogan at ispwest.com
Wed Jun 29 00:12:28 EDT 2005

Hi all,

      I have procured a summer job to last for three months.
However, I cannot begin until I figure out why the dos/linux
computer I've borrowed will not talk.  The synthesizer is a
Transport but very different from the one I used to use.

      When I first plugged it in it gave the name and version,
quickly became speeded up Donald Duck speech and then quit.  Now
it won't make a sound.  I tried adding a null modemadapter to the
serrial cable with no change.  Tried a search but found a site
under construction which fails to deliver much of the information
it promises.

      I kind of assume the computer itlsf and lilo are fine
though, of course, I can't be sure.

      My Transport had only an combined off/on and volume wheel.
This one has six keys labeled A through E with no other info
printed on them.  Doesn't apear to be an on/off switch.  Is there
a way to reset this device.

      If willing to help please respond off list so that I will
not be considered a nuissance.    Thanks in advance.

Pat Logan

"You are either on the side of the oppressed or on the side of
the oppressor. You can't be neutral."
      Bishop Desmond Tutu

                      -Paulo Freire, educator (1921-1997)