mutt vs. pine

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Jun 26 11:57:04 EDT 2005

Hi Chuck and all.

To be able to read html mail in pine, put the following line in your
.mailcap:

text/html; lynx -force_html %s

This will let you hit enter on an html attachment, and that will
launch lynx. There is a way to make lynx launch on the fly so to speak
when you are reading an html message, but I never implemented it,
because I wanted to know what I'm reading. The method for doing this
is described in the list archives somewhere, or maybe someone else
will post it again.

To be able to arrow up and down URLS in a message, and hit enter on
one, you'll need to install the urlview package, which I don't
remember the URL for now. You would then hit ctrl+b in a message, and
get the list of URLS in that message. Hth.

Greg