Debian netinst CD with speakup

Jim Grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 20 13:25:36 EDT 2005

Here is  what the readme says about starting with speech using the new
debian speech enabled cd.
 In order to enable speech, at the boot
prompt, type speakup followed by a space, speakup_synth=xxxxx where
xxxxx is
the SpeakUp synthesizer code to use.  For example, using an Accent SA,
the
boot line should look like this speakup speakup_synth=ACNTSA

As an alternative, a speakup26 boot target is also available which when
used
will boot a 2.6 speakup kernel for installation.  It has been reported
that
some hardware, especially machines with newer sata controllers require
this.
Using the example above, an appropriate boot line would be:
speakup26 speakup_synth=acntsa