making a directory tree:

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jun 20 09:11:11 EDT 2005

In the case of a proper set of iso images, such as the set of the four Speakup Modified Fedora 3 iso images, I think one is entitled to assume
that filenames will not be duplicated.

My example, posted earlier, is based on precisely the need to keep all
the RPM images from all four of these iso images readily available in a
single directory.

Here's the relevant line from my script file that does precisely
that. I have not modified this for simplicity or anything--this is
exactly where it lives on my system--and exactly what you'll see at
ftp.rednote.net, by the way:

su ftpadmin -c "ln -sf /mnt/d[1-4]/Fedora/RPMS/*
/home/var/ftp/fedora/speakupmodified/i386/Fedora/RPMS/"