Ot, getting win xp working with a samba printer

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 19 23:54:01 EDT 2005

Actually it does clarrify things

The problem is that you need to say that the printer is local, ok? Then
shift+tab up, and select the checkbox that doesn't say use one of the
following ports ... It's like, make a new port or create a new port.

Then you hit next or whatever ... Like you said, you know what's going on,
and then when you get to the next combo box, you go to the very bottom,
which has standard tcp/ip port ... Select that sucker, give it an IP and a
name ... And you're good to go.

Take care,
Sina