Speakup Modified For Fc4 -- Slight bit of news

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jun 17 11:38:53 EDT 2005

This is a correction to my post from earlier this week regarding issues
with Speakup Modified for Fedora Core 4.

There's still no update about a Speakup Modified kernel for FC4. It
still doesn't patch.

However, as reported earlier, the latest kernel from the Speakup
Modified for FC3 does indeed work where it's been tested so far.

The correction is that alsa also works. I was wrong to report it
didn't--that was my error having to do with the way I've been using
alsa.

So, you can expect to keep alsa sound when using a Speakup Modified
kernel for FC3 under an installation of FC4.

More news as it becomes available.

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040

Bringing the Owasys 22C screenless cell phone to the U.S. and Canada. Go to http://www.ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.