OT: BRLTTY and Slackware?

Arthur Pirika apirika at orcon.net.nz
Wed Jun 15 17:48:54 EDT 2005

Hi there, I've run into a problem using slackware with BRLTTY. I've done a full install of the system, and set it up so that the standard linux console is used. I installed the speakup.s kernel, as I intend to get speakup working with software synthesizes.
However, here's where the problem is. BRLTTY displays nothing but a line of th-signs, or computer braille question-marks after display it's initial startup messages.
So, is this a serial port problem, or something to do with the framebuffer, maybe?

Thanks,
Arthur.