Mounting disks with the incd filesystem

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 13 01:04:16 EDT 2005

Hello, Mike,

Actually, if you have a recent 2.6.11 kernel, you might wish to
install udftools package and use your rewritable media under linux
just as you would do with ins-cd under windows. It means that you can
copy, move, delete files etc just as if you had a very big floppy. At
least it works for me on my debian unstable box. This functionality
can be achieved with earlier kernels but you would need to patch and
rebuild them for this purpose.

MK> Hxello list I have some DVDs here that were formatted with the
MK> incd filesystem that Nero uses. These CDs apparently need the incd
MK> software Nero uses in Windows to actually access the filesystem;
MK> otherwise, you get an ISO9660 filesystem that is not the true
MK> content of the CD.

MK> Is there equivalent incd software for Linux?

MK> Many thanks.

With best regards, Sergei.