ot: free Webhost?

Lorenzo Taylor lorenzo at taylor.homelinux.net
Sun Jun 12 18:43:37 EDT 2005

Notice that you can only transfer 100 MB each month.  This counts what you put on
the site as well as what people download.  I could never recommend such a service
simply because it is too easy for a visitor to your site, or a group of them, to
take your site down simply by reloading the page.  And it may not even be
intentional, although some people can be that evil.  100 MB isn't much.  And if
you plan to have any pictures,audio files or any other content over 10KB or so
on your site, you can be sure that it will only be available for a couple days a
month.  Funny that the hosting company's ISP isn't charging them more money than
normal if they go over their transfer alotment, (BTW, they have no transfer
alotment; they pay by the available Kb/s not by the transferred MB/month.)

Lorenzo
--
"We decided that we should evaluate the Microsoft offerings first. Once we
realised what a powerful set of tools they were, it became self-evident this was

Microsoft: the right way to go down