Strange garbles from dectlk

jaffar at jeffstudio.net jaffar at jeffstudio.net
Sun Jun 12 11:42:06 EDT 2005

Hi All.  My struggles with installing fedora still continues.  After I type in the command text speakup_synth=dectlk, It doesn't speak but goes straight to the choice of whether I should skip checking my disk or proceed with the installation.  When I proceed, My nephew telles me that the screen shows something like the Anaconda installer is active.  It is at this point that Dectalk garbles something like c cerdilla, atleast 20 times in succession, then stops altogether.  Incidentally, I did do a check on the disk, and Anaconda says that my disk passed the check test.  My conclusion is that My dectalk is trying to respond, but that it is not able to connect with speakup.  I wonder if there is anything else I need to do?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I have already disabled the non-existent tty2 from my bios so that I have tty0 left.  Cheers!