Slightly OT: FreeBSD accessibility

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Sat Jun 11 20:29:49 EDT 2005

I've installed FreeBSD over serial console before.
Had to get a modified boot floppy for this though.
It can be installed if you use something like minicom on one end and the FreeBSD installer at the other.
One problem I had though was after the install and everything I disconnected the serial cable and the system wouldn't boot on its own.
Never really figured out how to stop sending the boot messages to the serial port after I was finished using it nad didn't need to have serial access anymore.
One more note I can think of. You can only do the install using the first serial port on the FreeBSD machine.

Tom