web browsing and section 508 under linux

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jun 10 11:18:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

David, I hoped to convey that industry had substantial influence in
weakening 508 regulations during the reg writing process. I certainly
agree with your point on that.

You are also correct that a move is afoot to revisit 508 regs. I would
hope this does not happen for another year or two. I think the time is
very wrong for that. For example, how can the Access Board properly
write regs when no one has seen what UI-Automation will give us, and
only begun to understand what Cocoa and AT-SPI can and cannot do?
Frankly, I would expect revisiting the regs today would only serve to
entrench existing practices for another 5 or 6 years.