Quoting

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jul 31 08:19:33 EDT 2005

Lorenzo,
With all due respect, this may not be true.  People are joining all the
time, and even those here are searching the archives when looking for
something.  Sometimes a thread shifts and the first part of it or the
source question   is no longer clear.
Therefore at least in a information based list like this repeating that
message both gives readers a chance to follow  the discussion, and may
even save time in having a topic repeated.
Does this make sense?
Karen