Input/output Error while writing to a partition

Doug Lawlor dlawlor at warp.nfld.net
Sat Jul 30 18:53:36 EDT 2005

Hello list, I just used parted 1.6 to make a new partition on my system with
an ext3 file system and get the following error when trying to write files
to it.
Example:
Touch test.txt
Touch: cannot touch `test.txt':Input/output error

 I did an fsck on the file system which fixed endless amounts of errors but
fsck is restarting and finding errors seemingly in the same locations on the
partition and cannot fix them. Has anyone had this happen before. I should
note the new partition is on the same disk containing my operating system
partition if that makes a difference.

Doug

Doug Lawlor,
Email: dlawlor at warp.nfld.net