Fedora 4, can't access consoles?

Chris Norman chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 28 18:26:27 EDT 2005

What's a TELNET install?

Cheers,

Chris Norman.

<!-- chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com -->
----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Puzzuoli" <alpuzz at comcast.net>
To: "Speakup List" <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:21 AM
Subject: Fedora 4, can't access consoles?

Hi all,

I  just did a telnet install of Fedora 4.  Everything seemed to go well
enough.  After the instalation, the system came up to First boot.  I got
through first boot with sighted assistance; However, I can't access the text
mode consoles.  If for example, I attempt to do control+alt+f1, I get a pink
box outlining the edges of my screen and nothing else, no login prompt etc.
When this happens, the only Thing I can do is reboot with control alt
delete.  has anyone seen this before and if so, is there a workable
solution?
this one's going to be fun, kind of like the chicken and the egg--  I don't
see how I can troubleshoot this without any accessibility, but if I can't
get to the console mode, I can't install accessibility-- grumble!

--Al