Speakup on Other Unix Operating Systems

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 27 22:33:49 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I have a job possibility where I may need to have speech access to BSD unix?
Is it possible to use Speak up with this operating system, or is there some
other screen reader that will work?  I have access to a Dectalk USB and a SB
live sound card if software speech is support.   If you prefer, please feel
free to write to me off list at bhatch200 at comcast.net if this is off topic
for this list.  If Speakup would work with it, that would much
easier.<smile>  I suppose I could also use ssh to get into the UNIX box from
another computer.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Beth