An idea,

Laura Eaves leaves1 at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 15:55:55 EDT 2005

Hi Sean -- Were you at the nfb convention when they demoed the pocket
kurzweil reader? It was quite interesting -- kind of slow, but they have
projections of just such a technology, that could be even pointed at objects
like street signs for a blind person to read... But obviously it still has a
long way to go for that to happen.
Anyway, it is supposed to be available for several thousand dollars sometime
next year, so it will be interesting where it goes.
As for operating a GUI, however, I think such a thing would be essentially
useless as you would really need to still get inside the software to track
focus and other such things.
At best it would be usable marginally but far from practical.
Just some comments.
--le