Looking for debian docs?

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Jul 27 14:45:42 EDT 2005

Someone is undoubtedly correcting me as they read this, but you don't install
everything in one shott.  There several merrors, some with the same debs some
with those specific to those merrors.  You can install tasks using tasksel or
aptitude and this will provide you with necessary packages to create a file
server or desktop for a gui.  As the installation manual says, you don't want to
install everything because some packages conflict with other packages.   Read
the debian installation manual and the release notes for your version of debian.