An idea,

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 26 12:58:37 EDT 2005

My opinion, no.  speakup is designed to be part of the core build of a linux
distro.  Gnome is one of many graphical front ends to a distrobution.  It is
necessary for all users of a linux system to understand the console environment
to fully maintain their system, some may find a graphical user interface useful
for user-level functionality which would not compromise the entegrity of a
system.