A couple of elinks questions.

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Jul 25 16:31:45 EDT 2005

Hi Shaun,

The failure to save the options happened to me too, and rather than
solve the problem, I avoided it by editing the initial file and adding
selected statements taken from the sample elinks.conf.

Be careful not to press enter when on a form field such as the username
and password, but move from field to field with up or down arrows,
pressing enter only when you want to submit the form. In other words, if
you are on the username field, press down arrow to the password field,
enter "admin" or whatever, and then press enter. Mine worked fine on my
Linksys router.

Chuck

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:31:41AM -0700, Sean McMahon wrote:
> Now I have a few elinks questions.  When I tell it to save my changes to the
> configuration like link numbering for example, it says it is but then they are
> not saved once I exit the browser and re-enter it.  What's going on here?  Also,
> how do you get elinks to behave properly on webpages which require a
> user/password to be supplied?  This one in particular is my router setup page.
> lynx gives the prompt for username/password while elinks simply trys to submit
> the empty form, not prompting me and I get an authentication error.

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (74% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh