Demonstrating the power of Linux for blind people.

Ann K. Parsons akp at eznet.net
Mon Jul 25 09:18:45 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Well, Amy, as a mere user, I wouldn't suggest setting up anything for
Gnome or anything graphical.  There are significant problems with
access to Gnome and they shouldn't be brought into the mix if you're
just wanting access for average users.

My suggestion would be to set up the computer with Speakup and perhaps
with Emacspeak.    Speakup works extremely well in Emacs, so perhaps
you don't even need Emacspeak, but that's what I'd do.

As for techhie details about setting things up, don't ask me, I'm just
a user.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT