A couple of elinks questions.

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sat Jul 23 05:04:30 EDT 2005

Hi Dan,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 09:49:17PM -0400, Dan Murphy wrote:
> I've just about ditched the cat, so to speak, and I'm very impressed with
> elinks, but I need a few pointers on setting it up to work with speakup.

Me too. I have not used the cat since first firing up elinks, except
once to retrieve some old bookmarks.

> Are there specific things that I should change in the configuration
> section?

What I did was to go through the example elinks.conf file which shows
all the defaults, and copy the lines I wanted to change over to a new
elinks.conf file to use as my actual configuration. There were maybe a
half dozen or so I changed.

> Also I do have a problem.  If I use "g" to go to another URL,
> how do I first clear the stuff from the previous page away so I can view
> the new content?

Mine clears away the old contents once the new page is loaded, although
if it takes a few seconds to display the new page, the old contents
remain on the screen until then. If you get mixed contents after waiting
for the new page to load completely, I cannot answer your question.

> Lastly, what's the deal with submitting input to forms?

The default behavior is to require an initial CR on a form field before
entering data, and another when data entry is complete. I changed mine
to not require either one, and also to perform an automatic submission
when <enter> is pressed on a form field. Your elinks.conf file should
contain these two lines to accomplish that:

set document.browse.forms.insert_mode = 0
-
set document.browse.forms.confirm_submit = 0

> thanks.

Welcome.

> Dan Murphy
> mailto:mweeby at verizon.net
> MSN only: mweeby at earthlink.net

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (94% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh