Off-Topic: Daisy Readers

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Jul 22 09:53:24 EDT 2005

Okay Janina:  aflib is one of the osalp libraries so assuming you ran
make install after compiling the open source audio stuff then only two
things come to mind.  First of all the compiler is not finding the
library so it is either not in your ldso.conf library search path or
it didn't get put in place when you compiled and installed the
library.

I set my gcc --prefix to /usr because I like things in /usr/bin,
/usr/lib and so forth instead of /usr/local/... which is the gcc
default.  I recommend you check in your library directory to see if
the library is there or not but I suspect not so then check in the
osalp source directory to make sure the library in fact got compiled.
If it did not then check your compile record to see what went wrong.

I just went through the entire process to see what problems could
happen when libxml2 was not installed and when osalp was not
installed.  Interestingly, I could not get anywhere close to where you
got with osalp not installed it died way earlier than on your machine.

Anyway, check over the above points and let me know from there.  I
will hopefully find some time to make a binary version available on
the ftp site.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061