Screen and behavior of Pine

Dan Murphy mweeby at verizon.net
Thu Jul 21 19:18:05 EDT 2005

I have recently begun learning about "screen", and among other things I
noticed something interesting.
for what ever reason, I like to have my backspace key speak the character
I'm deleting while composing a message,perhaps this is a testiment to my
lousy typing, and even using Nano inside of
Pine, this never worked.  Lately, however, if I invoke screen before
composing a message in Pine, the backspace works exactly as I like it to.
Before discovering screen, which I'm still learning, I simply thought it
was some strange interaction between Speakup, Pine and the editor of
choice, which in this case happens to be Nano.  can anyone explain why
this is or should I just be happy and enjoy it?
thanks.

  Dan Murphy
mailto:mweeby at verizon.net
MSN only: mweeby at earthlink.net