bookshare.org unpack

Ann K. Parsons akp at eznet.net
Thu Jul 21 11:07:38 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Janina, got sidetracked this morn' and haven't had a chance to run the
program.  I tried unpacking something last night, and got an error
said something about needing library xxx or whatever.  You're probably
right that it is library related and needs updating.  If you can light
a fire under them, good!  You might also ask them to please pay
attention when people write asking questions.  Allowing somebody to
sit for six months, whether or not that person persisted in his
efforts to contact Benetech is immaterial.  It's faulty business
practice to ignore or refuse to attend to, questions that come from
patrons.  Doesn't matter if you can't fulfill the need, if you can
fulfill the need.  It's the human contact that matters.  This poor guy
should never, ever have been allowed to stagnate for six months!
People pay good money for Bookshare.  <smile>  I just renewed my
subscription this morning.

<smile>  I must say, though that Bookshare has been known to hang fire
sometimes, even at its beginning.  I remember one gal who wrote in,
thoroughly insensed because she hadn't had her proof of blindness
confirmed.

"I don't know what's wrong with you people," she wrote.  "I think your
whole organization is on auto-Pilate!"

I've been laughing about that post for years!  Every time I think
about it I roar!  Anyway, I trust you'll make waves in Benetech.  You
go Janina!

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT