network speed question

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Wed Jul 20 19:37:57 EDT 2005

TCP uses what is called the window size. I'm not exactly sure what the
technical details are, but large windows is a feature that allows for
larger amounts of data to be transfered. The problem is that some types
of data can not be transfered when this extention is used, so it must be
nagotiated for different connections.

--
It's not one damn thing after another, it's the same damn thing over and
over. (History repeats itself)
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7

And so it came to pass that on Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Sean McMahon said

<speakup at braille.uwo.ca>