bookshare.org unpack

Ann K. Parsons akp at eznet.net
Wed Jul 20 17:15:08 EDT 2005

Kenny Hitt writes:
 > Wow! you have waited 6 months.
 >
 > I would have been after them much sooner.  After the first week with no
 > response, I would have started bugging them daily until they either
 > refunded my money or fixed the problem.
 >
 >           Kenny
 >
 > On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:11:06PM -0400, JAMES DOSMAN wrote:
 > > well they sed that they would get back to me but it has ben almost 6 munths so i was
 > > wondering if any one has used it and if it worked for them before i contact them again
 > > i am using slackware 10.0 with kernel 2.4.26 if it helps
 > > james

I don't think he really wants it fixed, Ken.  No, I think he's just a
Windows user who's playing about in Linux like it's a toy or
something.  Six months!?  Six months!?  Good God, tromp me into the
ground, why doncha!  Tread on this door mat, go right ahead, just walk
all over this door mat, please.  I'm so insignificant that I don't
even matter.  I only paid $75.00 and I've waited six months to be able
to use it.  That is unless he's got some other way of doing it.  Man,
if you've waited six months, you're either the person with the worst
self esteme in the whole world or you've got Windows and you're just
playing around in Linux.  Which is it?  <chuckling>  Well, don't admit
to being insignificant.  You don't have to do that, but did you try
downloading the file again?  Did you do all the things it said to do
in the readme file in order to compile it?  Now you've got me curious.
Lemme see if I can make this work.  I tried running the copy I had and
it said something about not having shared libraries.  I dunnow what
that's all about.  I will try  unpacking the thing in the morning.
Gotta go out in a couple of hours.  Don't have time to futz tonight.
Good Lord, six months?????  The human animal continues to surprise me.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT