Off-Topic: Daisy Readers

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Wed Jul 20 16:53:51 EDT 2005

Can anyone recommend a good daisy reader? I've checked out the Victor
Classic+ locally, and it seems like a nice machine, but I really like the
features of the AFB BookPort that has text to speech built-in. I asked AFB
if it would work with linux and they said that you need to use the windows
software in order for it to read the files. Does anyone know what the
software is doing? Does it just convert the text file to the daisy format?
If you could prepare your files in the daisy format on your linux machine
before transfering the files, would they work? And if so, is there any
software available for linux that converts text to the daisy format?

Any info or experiences with the daisy readers out there is appreciated.

Thanks,

Trevor