Getting mutt to save messages to maildirs

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Jul 18 17:36:00 EDT 2005

In my Mutt you can save a message either to a folder or to an
independent file with the "s" command, depending on if you use an equal
sign at the beginning of the name. For instance, type "s" and then
"=name" to save it to a folder called "name", but omitting the equal
sign saves it to a file called "name" in the current directory. Very
neat indeed.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:35:42PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Mbox can be either a file, or directory, the name makes no difference
> here. Generally though, mutt does save messages in a file, unless you
> change the default configuration.
>
> Greg
>

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:14:55AM -0700, Sean McMahon wrote:
> > isn't mbox a folder not a file?  All my read mail is saved to /home/mbox for
> > example.
>
> --
> web site: http://www.romuald.net.eu.org
> gpg public key: http://www.romuald.net.eu.org/pubkey.asc
> skype: gregn1

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh