Getting mutt to save messages to maildirs

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jul 18 10:20:28 EDT 2005

OK, you're not defining what you want very clearly, but I'll try and
interpret what you write.

It sounds like you want to save an email message to an individual file
just for that message. We have the 'C' (upper case c) command for that.

T do this on a per message basis, first issue 'v' to view the mime
attachments list, then issue 's' on the particular part of the message
you want to save. All have at least one entry in the view screen. You
will be given a default filename which you can clear and file to
whatever dir and filename you wish.