file managers

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jul 16 23:16:45 EDT 2005

Well, Tyler, when I first got in to Linux, many suggested I try midnight
commander.  Well, I did-and it sure doesn't read correctly at all, but I think
folks who work on the Oralux project are trying to fixit.
So far the best solution was to run lynx with a y.  Running in your home
directory you can customize it so you don't hear all those anoying rwxrx
permissions.  You can nicely tag files or directories for an action.  1 note of
caution, last November I marked several mp3s in a sub-directory.  When I
deleted them, it began destroying my entire directory.
Hart